Benefits of this powerful PDFin' machine:
Create PDFs in an automated fashion from Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), CAD (SolidWorks and AutoCAD) and other Windows files
- Create automated workflows by integrating PDF publishing and processing using the Script Engine or API
Give all end users a simple way to create PDF files with the lightweight Network PDF Printer (print client)
Unlimited users can access Q, resulting in tremendous cost savings for your company
Native application is installed on the server so end users can easily convert files to PDF without extra software installed locally
Centrally managed license for simple installation and maintenance
Centralize source file to PDF conversion by configuring any number of Watched Folders
- Monitor users' PDF creation metrics with the web-based Reporting Tool
Q in the real world:
- Integrate Q with a document management system to automate the creation of PDFs when new or updated files are saved in document libraries.
- Integrate Q technology with web-based forms to automate the creation of PDF reports or customized PDF documents such as RFIs and submittals.
- Create an automated process for stamping PDF drawings and coloring markups based on approval status.
- Automate Bates stamping or page numbering of all PDF documents with a simple drag and drop.
| Four ways to get in Q
- Network PDF Printer
- Watched Folders
- Script Engine
- Application Programming Interface (API)
Network PDF Printer
- Users can print files to Bluebeam's Network PDF Printer for conversion
- Converts CAD and Windows files to ten file formats (PDF, TIF, JPG, GIF, BMP, PCL, PNG, PSD, EMF, and WMF)
- The Network PDF Printer interface offers the flexibility to choose:
- File name
- Folder to save the converted file
- Image Resolution
- Image Compression
- Line Merge support
Application Programmatic Interface (API)
- Includes the Bluebeam Script Editor to easily write scripts using 50 built-in commands
- Any scripting language (Visual Basic, Python, etc.) can be used to call advanced commands
- Scripts can be combined with watched folders to seamlessly automate PDF processing
- Bluebeam Q customers will have complete access to the Bluebeam API
- .NET API (Visual Basic .NET, C#)
- Allows companies to seamlessly integrate Bluebeam technology into document management systems
Bluebeam Q offers two options for Watched Folders: Existing File Folders and New Conversion Folders.
Existing File Folders
Bluebeam Q watches Existing File Folders located on your network containing your project files. The server is configured to convert new files or updated files based on the schedule you specify (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.). This requires no interaction by users, they simply open and save files as normal and PDF creation is automatic.
New Conversion Folders
New folders are created on your network that are configured specifically for converting files rather than storing files. The New Conversion Folders offer PDF creation in real time. With New Conversion Folders, all users need to do is drag and drop their files into the folder and let Q do the rest.
Watched Folders Features
- Companies can create an unlimited number of Watched Folders and output folders
- Watched Folders can be configured to use different conversion settings
- Different Watched Folders will create different published files (i.e. one Watched Folder will output files of a certain page size, another may add a certain text stamp)
- Can be defined by directory or type of conversion
- Can be specified by directory, any number of text stamps to apply ("On all files placed in Folder X, apply text stamp in the bottom left corner")